This website is operated by You Can Be A Doctor, whose registered web address is youcanbeadoctor.co.uk. We are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when through application forms. By visiting youcanbeadoctor.co.uk (our website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What personal data do we collect?
Our website collects some information as part of its functions:
- Google Analytics is a service that analyses our website traffic to provide insight into who is coming to the website and from where. Your data is anonymised for this service. We retain the anonymised Google Analytics data for 14 months.
- If you upload images to the website, embedded EXIF data (e.g. GPS location, date/time of taking, camera model) may be included with your image. Please remove this if you do not want to share it
Our application forms are operated through Google Forms and may collect the following data from information submitted by you:
- Email Address
- Current place of study
- Year of school
- SIMD criteria information
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide You Can Be A Doctor with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register for our mailing list
- Voluntarily complete an application form for one of our events
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
You Can Be A Doctor collects your data so that we can:
- Contact you about our events and courses
- Put you in touch with relevant individuals to help your application
- Analyse attendance and demographic data to develop new educational workshops targeting specific demographics
- We will use Google analytics data to ascertain how you are using our website, in order to allow us to enhance content for applicability & ease of navigation
- Analyse our participant base to determine whether the activities of YCBAD are impacting exam results and acceptance rates to University in pupils from SMID 1-2 areas
- Contact you in the future regarding any further events which you may be interested in
- Contact you in the future for feedback procurement purposes following our events to allow us to improve our service
We will never share your data with companies or third-party organisations without obtaining express consent at the outset.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to opt out of our mailing list.
How do we store your data?
You Can Be A Doctor securely stores your data via Google Drive. We will keep your information to allow us to contact you regarding our future events, and also to allow us to analyse our widening participation work in future.
We will retain your data for 14 months – this is the retention period for Google analytics, and we will apply this to all of your data we collect.
What are your data protection rights?
You Can Be A Doctor would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request You Can Be a Doctor no not store copies of your personal data.
The right to withdraw consent – You have the right to request You Can Be a Doctor not store copies of your personal data, or that any data previously stored is removed from our records
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that You Can Be A Doctor correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request amendments to the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that You Can Be A Doctor erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to You Can Be A Doctor’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that You Can Be A Doctor transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- Understanding how you use our website
- Preventing dialogue boxes from opening if you have closed them
- Keeping you signed in (on specific pages)
- Saving name/email address when leaving comments (on specific pages)
How do I manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org